Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Thunder Shootfest




The NBA team formerly known as the Seattle Supersonics moved into new territory this year and has now evolved into the Oklahoma City Thunder.

But there’s no sonic boom here since many fans think that the new name doesn’t fit its new home at all.

Many are also not quite happy with the design of the team’s logo; to put it mildly it was nothing out of the ordinary, in fact, it was mediocre to say the least, even a fifth- grader well- versed in computer graphics could do better than what the people behind the franchise are trying to sell to us basketball fans.

Don’t get me wrong since I do collect NBA jerseys although I hate the monochromatic Spurs’ jerseys; still there are plenty of things to cheer about in San Antonio with Duncan, Ginobili and Parker still around and dribbling.

But to grab a jersey with a very dull color combination and corny design from a team who will never make the playoffs for years to come or at least until they bring in the much needed help to Kevin Durant, I’d better stick to my tried and tested Royal Purple instead.

No, Oklahoma, I think I'll pass on that jersey this time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails